Clarke's SF books

Tue Jun 20 07:23:57 EDT 2000

> > The first Rama book was great IMHO and it really deserved its Hugo and
> > Nebula Awards. But the last three don't have the same sense of
> wonder the
> > first one had.
>
> I hated the tech being inconsistent with what the first mission had
> seen, and the plodding plot with politically correct characters.

I have to back Dave on this one - I really enjoyed the original RENDEZVOUS
WITH RAMA as a teenager, and on a whim picked up RAMA II in a book sale not
long ago, for 50p maybe.  Waste of 50p.  Unreadable shite.

Then again, I haven't been back to the original since. ;)

-- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk