new guy on the block

david hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Jun 20 15:03:16 EDT 2000

Welcome! Your right, spot on. Let's get this volunteer idea kick-started.

Dave
    -----Original Message-----
    From: michael blackman <michaelangelo68 at OZEMAIL.COM.AU>
    To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
    Date: 20 June 2000 04:06
    Subject: new guy on the block

    Hi,

    Please read me....... its a fairly long email but worth a read!

    I have just recently hooked up here and don't know my way around too well.  I live in South Australia.  It was great to get a chance

    to ask Dave Brock some questions recently and receive a reply.  I have been a HAWKWIND fan since 1987.

    I find the music to be extremely inspiring when I paint  and the occasional

    trips I have had in my life have always been accompanied by the cool sounds of hawkwind.

    I would like to ask Dave Brock now what his vision of Hawkwind is for the future?

     I would really like to know and being a fan, offer my support to help achieve those goals.

    I feel that this forum has a lot of potential to do  much good for the band and so it should.

    And anyone out there who says he or she is a FAN of hawkwind should join in.

    My feelings are as follows:

    Hawkwind of the past, members, projects and the music is brilliant and shall always be remembered and enjoyed as such.

    But it is the Hawkwind of TODAY & the future that is what should be focused on NOW.

    From what I have read it is DAVE BROCK who has spent TIME & ENERGY & his own MONEY keeping the

    Hawk flying.  That's dedication.

    So are we fans of Hawkwind or fans of a few songs or albums.

    I feel the creativity and beauty in every hawkwind album - or any other band for that matter.

    I want to see Hawkwind of the now & future thrive to its ultimate - and so it should!

    Lets use this forum for the benefit of the band - for example keeping all informed of upcoming events etc

    When those events are upcoming lets promote them in every way we possibly can

    whether its by word of mouth - emails - putting announcements in local papers - putting up

    posters (in a legal manner - don't want to get the band in the shit) for said upcoming events.

    Or even just submitting ideas to others on ways to contribute.

    After all - for all Hawkwind has given us and everything Dave has done - don't we owe them something

    in return?  Yes we bought the albums but we got the music.  Yes we went to the concerts - but we got the show.

    I am urging all true Hawkwind fans here to rally and BRAINSTORM through this forum, together.

    One day, it is inevitable, Hawkwind will not be around.  But I believe that with Dave Brocks dedication and

    some of our own that day will be far far away in the future.

    Sincerely

    Michael Blackman

    A, fellow, TRUE HAWKFAN.

    Looking forward to all your comments and or feelings on this.