OFF: Reading Material

Denis Regenbrecht denis at D-RIDER.DE
Wed Jun 21 12:15:54 EDT 2000

Hi,

Mark Lee wrote:

>I wish I had the patience of some of this groups members, I read
>The Hobbit when I was about 10 or 11, followed by all of JRRT's work
>over a couple of years, one book I never managed was The Silmarillion
>tho', IIRC it was completed by his son after his death ?, from a
>fairly vast collection of notes, it just didn't work for me tho'.

Christopher T edited the Sil, the texts are all written by JRRT. CT put his
father's notes etc. together, choosing the right ones of all the different
versions of the stories,  and brought them into a coherent, publishable
form. Only one chapter (I don't have the Sil with me at the moment, thus I
don't know which one) was written by CT based on an outline of his father.

(C)IAO

         D'who loves the Sil'+R