reccomendations?

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Wed Jun 21 20:25:15 EDT 2000

> > > << S: if you get a chance to catch the current Tony Levin tour, GO!!! >>
>
> Would if I could, but I can't *g*
>

> >         I'll second that...
> >
> >         I saw T-Lev with the California Guitar Trio (mix of CGT alone,
> >T-Lev alone and both together) and it was incredible.[Nice guys too,
> >signed many items after the show, very friendly]  The _Waters of
> >Eden_ band looks like a knock-out too.
> >         Check out http://www.papabear.com for tour and album info
>
>  From somewhere on (I think) http://www.cgtrio.com there is a link to a
> RealAudio stream of the whole of one of these shows (from Denver),
> including a guest appearance by the sax player Bill Rieflin.  Amazing
> music, though the video was more "Frame By Frame" (GRINNZ)

It's ok... however, CGT is going to release an "official bootleg" of
the SF show real soon now. I'm jazzed, it was an awesome show, and the
singalong with Bohemian Rhapsody was the most musical I've ever heard
an audience - everyone knew all the words, and on pitch and in time!

Speaking of amazing audience phenomena, at the T. Levin show, when there
was the obligatory applause for the encore, I was nicely surprised to
notice that the clapping didn't follow the norm. That is, speeding up until
is dissolves into random noise; this group kept a perfect rhythm up until
the band reappeared.....

Just as an fyi, the stuff that was played other than Levin's solo stuff
was: Elephant Talk (Levin vocals), Back In NYC (Marotta vocals), I Go
Swimming (mostly instrumental), and Fast doing the Synergy track Flight
Of The Looking Glass (I was transported!)

scorch