more reccomendation request

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Wed Jun 21 20:32:22 EDT 2000

Over the last few years I've taken a strong liking to songs that
have a strong Middle Eastern vibe to them. Examples would be a
lot of Dead Can Dance stuff, some Loreena McKennit (Marco Polo),
Gabriel's Passion disc, stuff like that. I'd like to find more!

So, anything along those lines that you can suggest would be
appreciated. I've been curious about Muslimgauze but with so
many discs in the bin I'm hesitant about a random grab. Also,
how is Ofra Haza?

Finally in this vein, if someone can point out a really good album
of Sufi music.....

Copious thanks!

scorch