reccomendations?

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Wed Jun 21 21:03:18 EDT 2000

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, John H. McCartney wrote:

:Subject: Re: reccomendations?
:
:> > > << S: if you get a chance to catch the current Tony Levin tour, GO!!! >>
:>
:> Would if I could, but I can't *g*
:>
:> >         I'll second that...
:> >
:> >         I saw T-Lev with the California Guitar Trio (mix of CGT alone,
:> >T-Lev alone and both together) and it was incredible.[Nice guys too,
:> >signed many items after the show, very friendly]  The _Waters of
:> >Eden_ band looks like a knock-out too.
:> >         Check out http://www.papabear.com for tour and album info
:>
:>  From somewhere on (I think) http://www.cgtrio.com there is a link to a
:> RealAudio stream of the whole of one of these shows (from Denver),
:> including a guest appearance by the sax player Bill Rieflin.  Amazing
:> music, though the video was more "Frame By Frame" (GRINNZ)
:>
:
:It's ok... however, CGT is going to release an "official bootleg" of
:the SF show real soon now. I'm jazzed, it was an awesome show, and the
:singalong with Bohemian Rhapsody was the most musical I've ever heard
:an audience - everyone knew all the words, and on pitch and in time!
:

I caught the chicago show, and they did bohemian rhapsody here
as well.  much fun.

tony levin is coming back in town on friday.  anyone local going?
I was tempted to go to the second show....the one with the flamenco
guitarist opening.

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559