HW: upcoming SD 2000 dates

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Jun 21 23:46:05 EDT 2000

One curious sort enquired...

>Any more info on them yet?  Is there a name for this traveling show?  Any
>idea when the East Coast dates might be firmed up?

I think I heard the NYC show was confirmed now (Knitting Factory or
somethin') but can't recall the exact date...7th comes to mind.

Eli...is that what you told me?  Or was I totally delerious from lack of
sleep at NEARfest Saturday?  (Drove all night Friday.)

A Quarkspace/Harvey Bainbridge/StrangeWind show at Little Brothers here in
Columbus is now scheduled for Monday, July 31st.  So I imagine that things
are still slowly coming together on this front.

I just got passed this interesting schedule of acts for SD'2K.  A new
staggered lineup between two stages, presumably one inside/one outside the
tent.  I imagine it should work well as long as the changes are
synchronized.  I hope this was meant to be made public, 'cause I've just
done so.  Sorry, Jim L., if I've jumped the gun.

CANNABIS CAFÉ STAGE
4:00 to 5:00 – NORML / John Hartman
6:00 to 7:00 – World of Tomorrow
8:00 to 9:00 – Einsteins Secret Orchestra
11:00 to Midnight – NORML / Willy Mac
Midnight to ? – SD 2000 Sci-Fi Theater presents "Tales from Out of this World!"

OUTDOOR STAGE
5:00 to 6:00 - Bionaut
7:00 to 8:00 – Architectural Metaphor
9:00 to 11:00 – Daevid Allen and his University of Errors

SD2000 SATURDAY SCHEDULE
CANNABIS CAFÉ STAGE
11:00 to Noon – NORML / John Hartman
Noon to 1:00 - Drumplay
2:00 to 3:00 – Skye Klad
4:00 to 5:00 – Alien Planetscapes
6:00 to 7:00 – Trans-Lunar Express
8:00 to 9:00 – Harvey Bainbridge
11:00 to Midnight – NORML / Willy Mac
Midnight to ? – SD 2000 Sci-Fi Theater presents more "Tales from Out of this
World!"

OUTDOOR STAGE
1:00 to 2:00 – ST37
3:00 to 4:00 – Born to Go
5:00 to 6:00 - Nucleon
7:00 to 8:00 - Quarkspace
9:00 to 11:00 – Debut of Richard Chadwick and Jerry Richards  NEW PROJECT!
OK, here's some big news, from my perspective.  SubArachnoid Space is
planning to come east in September, coincident with the arrival of Circle
from Pori, Finland!!!!  As much as I like SAS, I have to say that Circle is
tops on my list of 90s bands (that includes *everyone*), and I'm chuffed
beyond belief to learn their intention to play in Cleveland.  Apparently,
they have a US recording contract (timely because of the demise of
Metamorphos, their previous label), so coming here makes some sense.

Here are the SAS dates I got from Mason Jones (head SAS-er)....don't know if
Circle is doing other shows apart from this, but seems probable.

(Note...Salamander, Escapade and Abunai! are really awesome themselves...I'm
afraid to say that I'm more excited about this thing than the travelling
SD'2K tour.)

SAS Eastern US tour...
Sat, Sept 16: Minneapolis, MN with Salamander, the Pins
Sun, Sept 17: Chicago, IL (not sure where yet; might be on Monday
instead) with Circle
Mon, Sept 18: Detroit, MI (not sure where yet) with Windy & Carl, Circle
Tue, Sept 19: Cleveland, OH at Speak in Tongues with Circle and either
Speaker/Cranker or Fuzzhead
Wed, Sept 20: off
Thu, Sept 21: New York, NY at Knitting Factory with Circle
Fri, Sept 22: Portland, ME at the Skinny with Black Tara, Cerberus Shoal
Sat, Sept 23: Boston, MA at Middle East (probably) with Abunai!, Major
Stars, maybe Circle
Sun, Sept 24: Easthampton, MA at Flywheel
Mon, Sept 25: New York, NY at the Cooler with Escapade, Tono-Bungay
Tue, Sept 26: Phildelphia, PA at Khyber Pass with Circle
drive
Fri, Sept 29: Denver, CO TBA