OFF: Julian May

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Jun 22 15:11:39 EDT 2000

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Michael S. Habiby wrote:

:Subject: Re: OFF: Julian May
:
:As for JRR.. I read (or listen to unabridged on tape) the Hobbit, Trilogy,
:Silmarillion and Lost Tales once a year.  Yes I am a masochist. LOL

heh.  I have you beat.  I've done the LOR series at least 95 times so far.
Just like going back to a familiar friend.

:Just a clarification for Jack Chalker, a previous post referred to the
:Cybernetic Walrus trilogy (Alice in wonderland it was called) as an older
:series.. in fact it is very recent and very good as the "lister" mentioned.

I was that lister :-)

...and it's the Wonderland Gambit series. not that recent.  The Cybernetic
Walrus (book 1) came out 5 yrs. ago.

(...and they are damn good.)

:Jack's earlier works are outstanding as well.  Above and beyond his Well
:world series there are so many two to five book series that are worth
:investigating.  Anyone who wants a specific recommendation could email me
:off list.
:
:Enough Enough :)

or me.  but read this series first :)

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559