OFF: Illuminatus!

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Jun 23 08:38:08 EDT 2000

Doug Pearson wrote:

> >I think that Illuninatus! fits quite well in the Hawkwind paradigm don't you
> >all?
>
> Unquestionably so!  I discovered both when I was 16 (half a lifetime ago!)
> and I would *definitely* not be the same person I am if I hadn't ...
>
> And somehow I don't think I'm the only person on this list who that's true
> for, one way or another ...

True!  Damn _Illuminatus!_ trilogy led me off on a Robert Anton Wilson
binge (_Schrodinger's Cat_ trilogy, _Cosmic Trigger_ et al, _Historical
Illuminatus Chronicles_) and related areas and authors (_Principia
Discordia_, _The Book of the Subgenius_, etc. etc.)...

(My wallet was crying the blues.)

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Mountain, _Over the Top_