Silver Machine (infected by) : Paging Andy Gee...

Tue Jun 27 19:58:56 EDT 2000

'Silver Machine' CD and 12" promos were made in quite a large quantity,
mostly 12" with the CD's being the rarest format. Reason was because EMI
didn't have the confidence to release it officially so they tested it on the
clubs, DJ's, dance mags, etc, which is how come yuo all read reviews of it.
Only trouble was the mags hated it, the DJ's loved it but didn''t pursue it
because it wasn't some hip and happening band (altho' story was that Fatboy
Slim loved it!!!) Either way, EMI elected not to press it officially in the
end deciding that the sales just weren't there to justify its release. Here
at CDS towers we had a cache of 12" and a few CD's that we 'located' from
some outlet or other we deal with, and they disappeared rather rapidly. But
it has never had an official release to date and as far as I know there is
no intention to do so.
What do you mean by CD versions of the 12" - is someone pirating EMI stuff -
way dodgy ground if they are!!!
Oh - and I thought that the versions on Epoch Eclipse were the same mix but
one was longer than the other - have I not listened carefully enough?
Andy Garibaldi