OFF:Terrascope/Terrastock 4 News

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri Jun 30 11:33:10 EDT 2000

Before we get to the announcement you've all been anticipating, some other
bits of news:

The Ptolemaic Terrascope website is undergoing a facelift. Finally. As of
this writing, the "front end" has been revamped slightly to make it a bit
more clear as to what is where. Let us know what you think by writing to
webmaster at terrascope.org.

We've also added a "misc. reviews" section to the website, containing some
CD and book reviews that never made it to the printed version of the magazine.

In the near future, you can expect an expanded links section, new feature
articles, and as always, the latest Terrastock news.

Speaking of Terrastock news....

PRESTIGIOUS FESTIVAL RETURNS TO THE U.S. FOR FOURTH ANNUAL JAMBOREE

The fourth Terrastock festival of arts and music takes place this year over
the weekend of November 3rd - 5th. The venue chosen is the historic
Showbox, located in downtown Seattle, Washington, USA.

Terrastock IV aims to build on the continuing tradition and success of the
first three Terrastock festivals, held in Providence, RI (1997), San
Francisco CA (1998), and in London, England (1999).

This upcoming three-day event has been conceived in a similar spirit of
"peace, love and cooperation" in order to celebrate the music championed by
the long running magazine, The Ptolemaic Terrascope. This year we are
pleased to be associated with our good friend and associate Chris Porter,
from the Seattle-based arts and events company One Reel. Together we hope
to make Terrastock IV one of the most outstanding of what has already been
a very special series of events.

Terrastock is not an indie rock record company feeding frenzy. Bands and
artists will be there solely at the personal invitation of the organizers.
The one thing they all have in common is the fact that each has at some
time been adulated in The Ptolemaic Terrascope. It's simply about the music
and that indefinable "spirit of Terrastock". If you were fortunate enough
to be at any of the previous Terrastocks, you'll already know what we mean.
And if you're intrigued enough to check out what all the fuss has been
about in previous years, then now's your chance: don't hesitate, because
tickets to this unique event are promising to sell out VERY quickly indeed.

Below you'll find a list of confirmed bands and artists to date, many of
who are travelling over vast continents and oceans under their own steam to
be with us. Bear in mind that this is by no means a complete and final
roster and is subject to confirmation. As always, we have several
additional guest artists and special surprises in store.

If you are a musician or a record label who thinks your band would also be
ideal for Terrastock, then please first consider the fact that we selected
those mentioned below from a short-list of over 200 names as long ago as
February this year. There really is no point in adding any further names at
this juncture, although we do genuinely appreciate your support and interest.

Please be aware that in a probably futile attempt to break even this year,
a NO GUEST LIST - ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS policy has been adopted for
Terrastock IV. This does NOT mean that if you're the cousin of someone who
guested on kazoo for one of the bands who performed in the parking lot
outside Terrastock 3 you're entitled to get into the festival for free;
neither does it mean if you're the CEO of a record label of one of the
bands who are appearing that you get a free ticket for yourself, your kids
and your secretary.

Weekend passes, which are available through Ticketweb (see below for
details), can be purchased this year at the extremely reasonable price of
$65.00 until August 31st, thereafter still only $75.00. This is for three
days worth of music remember, and a chance to see many bands who are making
a rare if not unique appearance in the North West.

Orders MUST be made by the cut-off date in order to attract the early
supporter rate. However, since we anticipate the festival to completely
sell out well in advance of the cut-off date once again, it's in your own
best interest to PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS IMMEDIATELY.

Furthermore, in order to minimize potential disappointment this year, we
have limited orders to a maximum of 4 passes per person ordering.

If you have any questions regarding directions, travel information,
accommodation, or the comparative price of pasta shells in Seattle, feel
free to regularly check our website at http://www.terrascope.org - we will
be posting as much information as possible there throughout the coming months.

Likewise, to subscribe to the Terrascope's mailing list for updates and
related news, please send a message to terraguests at terrascope.org and put
SUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

CONFIRMED BANDS SO FAR

ABUNAI!
THE ALCHEMYSTS
AMBER ASYLUM
THE BEVIS FROND
CHARALAMBIDES
CHILDREN OF THE RAINBOW
COUNTRY JOE McDONALD & THE FROND-FISH
DAMON AND NAOMI
DONOVAN'S BRAIN
ETHEREAL COUNTERBALANCE
GHOST
THE GREEN PAJAMAS
THE LINUS PAULING QUARTET
LOTHARS
MAJOR STARS
MARTYN BATES (Eyeless in Gaza)
MAZARIN
THE MINUS FIVE
THE MONKEYWRENCH
PAT ORCHARD
THE SIX ORGANS OF ADMITTANCE
SPACEHEADS
STONE BREATH
SUBARACHNOID SPACE
TARANTEL
WELLWATER CONSPIRACY
WINDY AND CARL

CONTACT INFORMATION

Venue address:
Showbox
1426 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
(206-628-3151)

Tickets (go on sale TODAY at 6am Pacific Time, 9am Eastern):
* Ticketweb (www.ticketweb.com or call 1-800-965-4827)
Direct link to purchase tickets on-line:
http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=wa&query=schedule&attract=37999

* Sonic Boom Records, Seattle (206-547-2666)

* Orpheum Records, Seattle (206-322-6370)

Festival Organizer:
Chris Porter
One Reel
P.O. Box 9750