The Chronicle of the Black Sword Video-CD

Thomas Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Thu Mar 2 05:12:25 EST 2000

Hi

My copy plays just fine on my pc!

I just click on the E-drive icon in "My Computer" , there's a couple of
options, but basically it plays itself!
The quality isn't any better than the VHS tape though.
(Hah - my VHS tape cover is autographed by Mike Moorcock!)

good luck,

Guy
                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Marshall Wood [mailto:mwood at MY-DEJA.COM]
                Sent:   02 March 2000 04:14
                To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
                Subject:        HW: The Chronicle of the Black Sword
Video-CD

                So tonight I was flipping through the used CD bins and I
came across this Hawkwind Video-CD called _The Chronicle of the Black
Sword_.  It evidently was released in 1995 on a label called Visionary, and
contains 70 minutes of video from the 85 Hammy O show.

                The label claims: "This disk is a 'White Book' Video CD and
can be played with digital stereo sound on CD-I and MPEG compatible
players."  I figured I can watch MPEG video on my PC, so I'll try it out for
just US$5.  Of course, I can't figure out how to get the damn thing to do
anything.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I know that you could buy CD-I
equipment for your home stereo a few years back - is that my only recourse?
Is that kind of stuff still available?  And is this CD a rare find?

                Incidentally, the guy behind the counter was a Hawkfan, too!
We talked a bit about them, but I think I may have frightened him when I
told him I have over 45 Hawkwind disks.  Though I just counted, and I really
have 66...

                MWood