HW: Glastonbury stats

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Mar 2 18:37:32 EST 2000

Hi Folks...

Was just perusing the Glasters site again, and notice that HW is no longer
the number one vote-getter.  If you add the two totals for Neil Finn
together, you get 721 to HW's 697.

Now it's even more apparent how silly this thing is...every so often,
obviously a list of some sort gets wind of the voting, and zoom!!  Off
shoots one particular band for a week or so.  But then they max out and slow
to a trickle...note Marillion at 326, when they were at about 275 when HW
was at about 15.  And Radiohead has slowed to a crawl at 574.  But then A-Ha
(who?) has come out of nowhere to tally 557, and Duran Duran (ugh!  Worst
ever band) now has 393, and All-star United (Who? Isn't that a football
club?) is at 470.  Anyway, HW continues to surge forward at a reasonable
rate, so I suppose that does say something.

Poor BOC only has 3 votes, 17 behind Born To Go (adding two totals again).
I guess only half the list is paying attention.

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  Neil's brother Tim only has 50 votes..."Mom always said she liked you
best."