HW: Greetings

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Tue Mar 7 08:34:24 EST 2000

Hi. Thought I'd just let you know I was here. I guess my first question is,
are any of my old friends from the early 80's HW network here? Y'know, back
in the days when we actually used to type out letters to each other, and
then get a reply two or three weeks later?!

For those who don't know me, which I reckon a fair bet is everyone, I became
an instantaneous Hawkwind fanatic in 1976, when at age 13 I bought Warrior,
because I liked the cover, and was subsequently fell entirely under the HW
spell, spending the next five years a true fanatic, and the five years after
that as a stalwart admirer. I seem to have dropped out of circulation,
HW-wise, as far as I can tell, in around 1985 - partly, perhaps, because of
what I regarded at the time as a pretty mediocre sequence of albums,
compilations and re-hashes that were coming out.

Well, plenty of time to discuss such things later. Thought I'd just say hello.

Here's a time-trip for you. Looking through old letters last night;
TrevHughes mail-order catalogue fromm mid 1983:

1978 Hawklords tour programme - 1 pound
Robert Calvert - Cricket Star flexi-single - .80p

God, he even had Capt Lockheed on _8-track!_

Anyway hi.
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania