OFF: now 90s v. 80s

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Mar 8 11:41:26 EST 2000

Theo said...

>> Keith H. (FAA), revisionist youth at 35 (owns no CDs recorded before
>> my birth, except maybe 1...B.B. King)
>
>Well, I know you're just a young whelp, but I believe the CD wasn't
>invented till you were, what, 15?

Wow, I didn't realise 35 was so young here.  :)

Anyway, I said 'recorded,' not manufactured.  I coulda said the same thing
about my 500 old LPs too, though, except I'm sure I have a Doc Severinsen LP
from the 50s.

And I don't know when the CD was 'invented,' but there's no way people were
routinely buying them in stores in 1979!  Perhaps 1985.  My first was 1987,
Stevie Ray Vaughan IIRC.

Keith H. (FAA)