OFF: now 90s v. 80s

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Mar 8 12:08:34 EST 2000

On 8 Mar 00, at 11:41, K Henderson wrote:

> Wow, I didn't realise 35 was so young here.  :)

It isn't!  It's only young compared to me!

> Anyway, I said 'recorded,' not manufactured.

And just what would we call the process by which sound is imparted
onto a CD?

  I coulda said the same
> thing about my 500 old LPs too, though, except I'm sure I have a Doc
> Severinsen LP from the 50s.
>
> And I don't know when the CD was 'invented,' but there's no way people
> were routinely buying them in stores in 1979!

Well, I think they were touting 1979 as the year of the format's origin,
but obviously they didn't become commonplace til much later...

theo