70's versus...00's

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 9 02:22:31 EST 2000

In a message dated 3/9/00 12:06:13 AM, RMayo19761 at AOL.COM writes:

<<
GordonLightfoot/Kiss/Cher/NeilSedaka/Alice/beegees/AWB/Barrywhite/Aerosmith/St
arland Vocal
Band/Streisand/Jgeilsband/VickyLawrence/Eagles/TVThemesongs/etcetc...schizo
or what?

now:Limp Bizkit/Garth
Brooks/ODB/Korn/Backstreetboys/MariahC./Metallica......it's just as mixed
up....

======
the top list might possibly have been heard on _one_ station at the time, in
the radio twilight before disco became all. lotta yucky stuff there in the
1st half of the '70s.

the bottom list would be divided into their respective 'niches...ready and
waiting for them.
======
been doin' this temp work lately  and have been treated to various radio
music; one providence station specializing in hard rock/metal stuff from like
1968-94..."gimme shelter" every day. "black dog" every day."i want you to
want me" every day. "come as you are" every day. they've basically taken over
the niche that boston's WBCN abandoned to become, heh, "the rock revolution".
i got to hear a bunch of songs from my adolescence.

on another 'assignment' i had the opportunity to hear 5 hours of this new
boston hip-hop 'r & b' station....it's a cliche for me to knock it, but oh
man...lotsa ballads with singers oversinging, whitney/mariah variations,
kinda like boring guitar solos...and  lotsa the same tempo...and no real
drums...and lotsa censored cussin'.
but, like, some songs were in 3 hour rotation so i heard 'em twice, and
_other_ songs were in _2_ hour rotation, so i heard 'em {three} times..
.nnnggghhh...

please you are giving to me the shelter  -_-

"<>"