OFF: now 90s v. 80s

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Thu Mar 9 09:11:55 EST 2000

>I'm amazed to hear that people who are familiar with the musical
>capabilities of the amazing Blue Oyster Cult would actually NOT buy one
>of their albums because the didn't like the cover artwork.  That is just
>so foreign to my way of thinking...

I suppose it's just because BOC have produced quite a few albums which I
don't really care for (just about everything after 'Secret Treaties', with
one or two exceptions, actually). I thought Club Ninja was woeful, and as
this was apparently another album without A.Bouchard, and the cover art
reminded me of some bad-hair 80's metal band, I just couldn't be bothered.
I'm sorry to offend anyone, but I do regard the cover art for an album of at
least some indication of what the band want to convey to you about the
music, and what the artwork (and album title) conveyed didn't look very
promising to me.
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania