OFF: now 90s v. 80s

Alex S. Garcia mvdbase at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 9 10:01:36 EST 2000

>I suppose it's just because BOC have produced quite a few albums which I
>don't really care for (just about everything after 'Secret Treaties', with
>one or two exceptions, actually). I thought Club Ninja was woeful, and as
>this was apparently another album without A.Bouchard, and the cover art
>reminded me of some bad-hair 80's metal band, I just couldn't be bothered.
>I'm sorry to offend anyone, but I do regard the cover art for an album of at
>least some indication of what the band want to convey to you about the
>music, and what the artwork (and album title) conveyed didn't look very
>promising to me.

I hate that cover too and was also turned down, at first, but didn't resist
very long before buying the album :-) I personally thought it was pretty
damn good, though certainly not their best effort. In any case, it should
also be noted that the European cover is VERY different. Damn, wish I stil
had that scan. A friend in France send it to me, and it looks more like a
Fantasy kind of cover. Really cool art.

Alex.

Music Video DataBase : mvdbase.com
Read the Icarus Encyclopedia of Fantasy & SF
- www.noosfere.com/icarus/ (French & English)
My Web HQ : members.tripod.com/~Mandor/