HW: technique (was: '80's sound...)

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Wed Mar 15 10:06:33 EST 2000

"it sounded to me like someone who'd learned how to play like Lemmy, and
then taken it a bit further"

- of course, if HW didn't play so many old songs, maybe bass players
wouldn't be inclined to play like Lemmy. A friend set me his set list (from
memory) of the February 2000 Sydney concert, and I was fairly appalled when
I worked out that the average first recording date of the songs they played
that night was 1976. They had a newer setlist than that back in 1983. I hope
it was just a sort of one-off thing on account of it being the first time
they'd played this country.

--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania