OFF: '90's vs '80's

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Wed Mar 15 20:22:53 EST 2000

>The Wipers - started as a punk band in the late 70s, but the title track of
>their second album, 'Youth of America' is an amazing piece of minimalist
>blanga.  Reissued on Sub Pop, I'm pretty certain.

Well, some of it anyway, along with Greg Sage's solo stuff.

I used to see these guys in tiny clubs in 78/79 in Portland (OR), and
they always put on an awesome show. I've got their first single and first
album, which as far as I can tell have never been rereleased. I think I
saw one track from the first album on a compilation.

Any Wipers fans could probably bribe me for a copy.....   :)

scorch