BOC Heaven Forbid cover art (was OFF: now 90s v. 80s)

Thu Mar 16 19:52:41 EST 2000

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Tim Hall wrote:

> Alex S. Garcia wrote:
>
> >I hate that cover too and was also turned down, at first, but didn't resist
> >very long before buying the album :-) I personally thought it was pretty
> >damn good, though certainly not their best effort. In any case, it should
> >also be noted that the European cover is VERY different. Damn, wish I stil
> >had that scan. A friend in France send it to me, and it looks more like a
> >Fantasy kind of cover. Really cool art.
>
> Isn't that picture on the inside of the jewel case on the US releases
> as well?  My UK release has got the US 'melting face' cover on the
> lyric booklet, with the 'high priestess of chronos' cover as a
> seperate insert over the top, so we've actually got both.

        The UK version is slightly different however; the US `melting
face' is slightly more developed and has a harpe glinting in the centre of
the good eye; the UK version doesn't have the harpe so you can't use it as
a proper BOC cover and have to put up with Gaia, who quite frankly isn't
my type. Not that the geezer with his face off is, obviously, but you get
my point. I hope. Um. Yours,
                             Jon

--
        |       Jonathan Jarrett             11 Manhattan Drive,   |