HW: good press

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Sat Mar 18 05:37:29 EST 2000

Just in case anyone keeps an archive of such things, and these aren't in it,
I just discovered two old copies of NME which might be of interest

November 6 1976  (Review of 'Astounding Sounds' and gig review of
Hawkwind/Tiger at Hammersmith Odeon)

July 9 1977  (review of Quark, and gig review of Hawkwind/Bethnal at
Manchester Palace. (also has Calvert's Idi Amin poem in it FWIW)

What's rather remarkable is that the reviews are all basically positive,
most of them highly so.

I also have rave reviews of Live 79 and Levitiation from Australian music
press at the time (these were printed in the Bazooka, I think), and
somewhere the 1980 edition of Sounds which called Levitiation 'album of the
year'. Willing to write these up or scan if anyone needs them for some
reason ('cept the Sounds one, which is missing at the moment)

--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania