HW: Thrilling HW Adventures

Adrian Parr age.p at CONIFERSCLOSE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Mar 18 04:25:04 EST 2000

Hello
Mick wrote:

>I wonder if there are studio versions of 'Time for Sale' and 'Uncle Sam's
on Mars' lying buried in the vaults. I once read that the band had a surplus
of recorded material available for ASAM, and had difficulty in deciding what
tracks to leave off.
All the best
Mick.

There certainly is a studio version of "Time For Sale", albeit in demo
version. I heard this and a few other demo tracks from 1976 a few years back
and they were far superior to what was played on the Astounding tour.
Time For Sale was twice as fast, rocking and with Bob in full flight on
vocals. Supreme recording, though sadly only heard it on very basic
speakers.
All the best
Age