HW:HAWKWIND/Lascko repost

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Mar 21 15:42:29 EST 2000

Saving Larry the hassle...

>that post didn't make it here in New Mexico, either.  Can someone please
>repost it?

Hello List!

Rumours are flying on the internet that Richard and Jerry are leaving
Hawkwind to form a band and appear at SD2000. Dave already asked me
about it and it's only partly true to my knowledge. There was no talk
of anyone actually leaving Hawkwind!

They just wanted to do another project to develop their music and
keep busy when Hawkwind isn't doing anything. Hawkwind (Dave's
decision for the most part) has not said that they will come to
SD2000 yet and I still need to have some major band to promote. This
is how the idea developed. Certainly having Hawkwind's rhythm section
involved in another project would raise some interest among spacerock
fans.

They were merely trying to figure out how they can still be involved
in SD2000 if Dave didn't want to come with Hawkwind. This doesn't
mean that there are fatal, permanent problems within Hawkwind or that
people are jumping the mothership. It was just one more avenue
proposed to keep the spacerock juices flowing!

Hawkwind could certainly come (this is our hope) and there will still
be room for another project of Richard, Jerry and the two Steves (as
they will be forever known!). Much like Anubian Lights and FarFlung
playing there. Both bands shared certain members and there's nothing
wrong with that! That is certainly why the SD festivals are here. We
WANT people to get together to increase the SPACE in their music. Our
whole purpose IS to throw people together in combinations that are
pleasing to the ear! If another band even half as good as Hawkwind
arises out of this, then our mission was sucessfully accomplished.

Hawkwind's relationships to each other is really a private matter
just between themselves. There are many people involved and I'm sure
there's a lot of factors to consider that we know nothing about.

Please let people on the list know this because it's important that
we all get along together.

Unfounded rumours will only create suspicions or bad feelings and
destroy what we have going.

Thanks!
Jim