OFF: Wilhelm Reich (Orgone Accumulator)

Sen. Volstead antisol at SOFTHOME.NET
Tue Mar 21 17:54:58 EST 2000

There's an informative article about Wilhelm Reich at
http://www.orgonomy.org/article_134.html...

... I've begun reading  _SEX-POL Essays, 1929-1934_, a collection of his writing
on subjects such as Freud and Marxism. It is prior to his biomedical (and
orgone) research, though so far i've found it contains enlightening discussion
about aspects of sexual repression in capitalist society. Reich was once a
member of the Communist party in Berlin and was forced to relocate several times
as Hitler came to power. They (Communists) eventually kicked him out for
promotion of psychoanalysis, while at the same time he was alienated from
friends  in the psychology business (he was a student and colleague of Freud
himself) because of his political activism. His advancement of Freud's
techniques are what led him to discover the presence of "bio-energy"
(scientology's E-meter comes to mind, though I don't have enough information
about Reich's experiments yet), which eventually led to orgone theory.