Neu and related

Wed Mar 22 01:43:47 EST 2000

To anyone that cares,
Keith wrote:
I have the boot CD's of Neu! and Neu! 75 that Germanofon made years ago,
'label' now defunct and long OOP.  When the hell these will be
officially
released is a damn good question that nobody is answering.  Ken
Matsutani
re-released the two La Düsseldorf albums on CD and the spotty Neu! 4
thing
(and some other Dinger solo works), but not the 'important' ones IMHO.>>
Well, the story I got is that, a while ago, the Japanese wanted to pay
Rother and Dinger some vast sum of money to reform to do a tour of Japan
and that Rother turned it down point blank. Gives you some idea of the
relationship, eh kids!!
Then Dinger tried to wrestle the rights to releases the albums
officially but got the prospect of law suits flung in his direction by
both Rother and the original label, the Germanofon ones came out which
Dinger trashed, saying the official ones would come out, then started a
battle to get the rights back and this is where it got left, with no
sign of a result in sight - pretty good mess, huh!!!
----------
>Does anyone know the solo-albums the guitar player
>Michael Rother from NEU did ? Real good stuff.

(For US'ers who don't want to shell out import prices, Cleopatra/PP
released
a compilation CD of Rother's solo material 'Chronicles' I think.)>>>>
Shell out no more, coz, all the Rother's are now available at mid-price
in Germany care of a reissue of the lot by BSC-Prudence; we stock them
all at CD Services (surely you know the e.mail/phione by now), and there
is a brand new Rother in the pipeline that should have been out in Nov
but can't be too far away now.
As far as the liner notes goes....OK, so which was it?!?  :)

I'm inclined to believe Filip, esp. if he's got a copy where Dave Brock
is
given as the writer of said liner notes.  Perhaps Dave has simply
forgotten
that he's a Neu! fan.  :)>>>>>>
Well, in my chat with Dave in '79, he liked Neu then - but, hey, tastes
change y'know - christ, even I think half of 'Neu 2' is rubbish now,
altho' woe betide he who criticises the first album.