HW: Amon/Calvert questions

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Thu Mar 23 14:27:08 EST 2000

BTW, I might as well ask: what's Die Losung like? I keep seeing it around on
ebay, and wondered whether it's worth bidding on. The other Calvert
'contributions' that I used to have (Nektar and Adrian Wagner lp's) were
pretty forgettable, IMO.

Also, what's the Queen Elizabeth Hall album like? I used to have two Calvert
concerts on tape, and I sort of had the impression it might have been on of
these. One is a musical gig (or atleast, singing to backing tapes) in front
of a fairly appreciative audience. The other was a solo show in front of a
quite hostile bunch of yobbos. Bob was getting heckled a lot by an audience
who really had no patience with or understanding of what he was doing, and
it was a pretty heroic stand - even unto the point wherehe invited someone
to "Come up here and fucking say that!", or something like that :)

What I do remember about one of the tapes - might have been the other one -
is just how bloody _funny_ the man was. I seriously think Calvert could have
been a successful stand-up comedian. He's just naturally, effortlessly funny
in the same way that some people are naturally musical. I remember when we
were putting the Calvert special together, the guy who was engineering had
to stop all the time because he was laughing so hard, and that was when Bob
was apparently being _serious._
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania