Napster

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Fri Mar 24 10:39:53 EST 2000

Hi

I agree with the comments about Napster, though I would miss programs like
this if they were removed, as I only use it to find rare material that is
not on any official albums, and is completly impossible to find in any other
format. Tracks that fall into the former category include Embryo by Pink
Floyd, which is on a hard to find best of CD, and as I have all the other
tracks on proper albums, I can't afford to pay the amount of money it will
cost me for one track.
In the later category, I found a rare B side to a single by Golden Earring.
In Australia it is impossible to find anything by them.

One thing I hate about MP3's is that if I was to download an entire album,
I'd have to leave the computer connected to my phone line all night, and
usually it will give up before it's fully downloaded a track anyway.

It's a lot quicker to buy the album.

William