OFF: Napster

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Fri Mar 24 11:05:34 EST 2000

> In addition to boycott of Napster and the like, I think more artists
> should really start to make their music available for sale in MP3 format
> on their own web sites, thus circumventing corporate profit almost
> entirely.

I agree completely with that. I'd love to see some sort of box set by
artists, featuring most of their albums on one disk, along with some booklet
with original covers, etc.. A bit like the ICU CD.

This probably won't happen for a while though, until standalone MP3 CD
players become more commonplace, but it will happen.

William