HW Collectors Series

Sun Mar 26 03:54:36 EST 2000

Hmmmmmm......
I feel I should step in and try to give some facts, as we see them.
As most of you know by now, on the last UK mini-tour, a flyer was
distributed by Voiceprint listing all the albums they intend to release
that Dave has personally 'licensed' to them to release, the tapes comomg
from his own archives, apparently.
The next one to come out will be the 'Collectors series Vol 3:
Atomhenge' '76 double, and it looks like the one to follow, presumably
around end of April, will be the Calvert CD, altho' I can't remember if
that's on the leaflet. All the others will come out, but judging by the
speed things are going, indications are that the going is slow and my
guess is that it'll be the fall before the series is finally complete
and out, the order of release being anyone's guess altho' we were told
initially that the Nottingham '90 double (the original from the video
and a previously unreleased CD2) would be the last. So, several outlets
that are releasing info about any others of the series being imminent
are more than likely, just guessing.
While Dave has done the deal between Voiceprint and himself, EBS as a
label still exists until Doug either finds someone to take it over or to
whom it can be licensed under the appropriate terms, so we understand.
At the last count, in the pipeline and ready to release on EBS, included
the Brock '76-'96 and Jack London CD's (which do exist as I have tapes
of them - still can't figure the '76-'96 thing out!!) plus the intended
Simon House Spiral realms 'Best Of plus A Bit', a brand new Simon House
CD that is apparently all songs and a complete departure for the guy,
musically, a Nik Turner jazz album and the 'Warrior' reissue, but I
would imagine that the future of all these will depend on the future of
EBS itself.
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, so if I'm being too upfront or
any of the 'facts' are wrong, I hope someone from' the inside' will put
things right.
But that's the info as I had it.
On the subject of EBS, the 2 Alan Davey CD's, the Nik Turner
'Xitintoday' CD, the live 'Love In Space' double are all definitely now
out of print, with no plans for a repress in the near future, so it
seems. There may be one or two more to which this applies, but right
now, memory escapes me.
As to Griffin, they do not have the rights to repress any of the old
CD's that sell out, which is why things are getting deleted over there,
too.
The 'politics' of Hawkwind is a tricky tightrope to walk, but if all of
this leads to fewer or none of those godawful compilations coming out,
then I'm right behind Doug for that.
Andy G.