OFF: Dr Hasbeen

Mark Lee MLee at ESPARTO.ORG
Sun Mar 26 06:55:28 EST 2000

Mark Lee provided the details of the Dr Hasbeen CD's - a footnote:
When Matin of the band sent to me the original three CD's, he had priced
them way too high and the mix was terrible - vocals way upfront,
instruments out the back, not exactly mind-blowing but OK. We tried to
sell a few, largely failed and I said exactly what I thought was wrong -
the way you do!!!
Lo and behold, totally out of the blue one day, along came the remixes,
now sounding wonderful, and at a sensible price, late followed by the,
currently latest, 'Visions' album. I would recommend al of these to
Hawkfans who may not yet be familiar with the band.
Andy G.

Gotta say I agree with Andy, I didn't hear the original CD's for some
time, when I compared the versions I was far more imressed with the
remixes, my comment wasn't a dig at Andy which was why I put the
emoticon after it !   Both Martyn and I would far rather have people
listen to the remixed versions.  It actually seems to be one of our
biggest problems, we get the mix right for the live work OK, when we
hit the studio it all seems to fall apart, this is why we've spent so
long trying to sort out the next release, we want the bugger right
and we want people to like it, some of them anyway....  :))

Anyway it's time for some more practice, so I'm gonna scoot, thanks
again to Keith for asking and to Andy for his patience.

Mark (Dr Hasbeen)