BOC-L Digest - 24 Mar 2000 to 25 Mar 2000

Mark Lee MLee at ESPARTO.ORG
Sun Mar 26 07:01:09 EST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: K Henderson [mailto:henderson.120 at OSU.EDU]
Sent: 24 March 2000 20:18
Subject: Re: OFF: Dr. Hasbeen

[Hacked a bit for brevity]

Mark gave us the rundown with..

>At last I've got something, mainly for Keith H's benefit
>but some others may be interested.
>
>I had to tie Martyn down and rack his brains to get this info, it
>is straight from the memory so forgive any minor errors.

Thanks for the effort...it'll help decide what I need.

I assume 'remixed' means simply 'improved the mix,' rather than some sort of
'dance remix,' right?  :)

Damn right :) The remix was Martyn attempting to correct the original
with which he and others were not entirely happy.  If you ever compare
the versions you'll see what I mean.

>BTW Keith, Martyn wondered, purely out of interest, where'd ya get
>the disc from ?

Henrik in Sweden.  The Visions of the Afterlife I just ordered from Andy Gee
here, and I just wanted to see where I stood in the thick of things, Hasbeen
wise.

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S. Here was my review of SoB.  :)  Note it'll soon appear on
www.aural-innovations.com when it's launched (soon).  From AI#6, Spring 1999
or thereabouts.

[More hacking]

Dr. Hasbeen - Spirit of Brock (1998) Self-released/Foundry Studio CD-R
(DRHAS 007CD)

No, it's not Dave Brock himself at work on this one, but rather one Martyn
Needham (of Derby, England) who has 'appropriated' the Hasbeen moniker for
himself.  From what I've heard, he's also released two earlier CDs, entitled
"2125" and "Prophetic Obscurities."  On "Spirit of Brock,"
vocalist/guitarist/synth-master Needham and his cohorts (Daz Fletcher on
lead guitar, Sue Annable on drums/vocals, and Jake Billington on bass)
quickly crank through six space-rockers very much in the Hawkwind vein.

Excellent, I'll pass a copy of this to Martyn later this afternoon.

Cheers,

Mark (Dr Hasbeen).