Amon/Calvert questions

Denis Regenbrecht denis at D-RIDER.DE
Sun Mar 26 17:25:18 EST 2000

Hello,

>The Die Losung CD is excellent very different fo Bob HW output a bit more
>proggy his vocaal style seems alot gruffer the song urban indian is worth
>the price of admission alone

I totally agree. The album is reminiscent to Bob's later solo LP's,
although "Die Lösung" isn't as minimalistic and has a lot more of guitar.
It is totally different from HW, but I like it nevertheless (I like
everything done by Bob in fact.)

>The Calvert Queen Elizabeth Hall is a single album in a Gatefold sleeve
>which came with a Tee shirt which quickly disintergrated. It features Bobs
>solo works including the rather good Diamond Mine as I remember there was
>some talk of the rest of the show appearing but  AFAIK nothing has. I
>remember Bob describing the drummer as a Ninja called Roland
>One of my all time fave gigs

That LP has been reissued on CD by B.G.O. Records and is a must-buy for
every Calvert-fan. That Ninja-drummer Roland you mentioned is the in fact
the drum-machine used during that gig. It's a "holdover" from Inner City
Unit times. Their drum-machine was also called Roland. I hope there's
someone out there who will release the whole gig.

cu

                 D+R