HW: SD2000

Doug Bates Doug.Bates at TUCCSTER.TUCC.UAB.EDU
Mon Mar 27 13:51:18 EST 2000

OK, here we go with some news from Jim Lasco. Gotta love
someone who sits around thinking up cool things for us
(space rock fans) to do!

PS Dave Brock *please* come to Strange Daze this year

Here is my initial press release for SD2000.]

Please list this (or post it in it's entirety) in any
concert listing you may have on your website and use a
banner link to us at http://www.Strange-Trips.com
Please pass it on to anyone who may be interested. News
weeklies, magazines, reporters, etc. Feel free to post
this on the web lists and any concert listings website
that you may know of ans don't hesitate to reprint it
on posters or flyers. Let me know if there's anything I
can do to help you help us get the word out. Thanks in
advance for any help you can give us!

Yours,
Jim Lascko

STRANGE DAZE 2000 IS ON!

Strange Daze 2000 will take place during the August
11th - 12th weekend at Nelson Ledges Quarry Park in
Nelson, Ohio. We are working on adding another stage
inside the tent this year and I'm still waiting to hear
if Hawkwind is onboard or not.

SD2000 features the return of "Nik Turner's Space
Ritual" with Tommy Grenas, Len Del Rio and some
of the other boys from the ever ready Pressurehed camp.
Anyone who was there would attest that Nik
burned it up last year in an absolutely blistering
performance! I was informed that they are working on
some new material to spring on this year's festival
goers.

Hawkwind's Richard Chadwick (drums) and Jerry Richards
(guitar) are developing a side project (as of now
unnamed) with Cleveland's Steve Taylor (bass) and Steve
Hayes (keyboards) to debut at SD2000. Simon House's
"Spiral Realms" will be there, as well as Harvey
Bainbridge with his solo project "Interstellar
Chaos".....BE VERY AFRAID!! It looks like Daevid Allen
may also make it this year with his new "University of
Errors" psychedelic rock band. We are trying to confirm
that at this moment.

Plus the usual gang of misfits, scum and gallows
bait.....we hope! Alien Planetscapes, Quarkspace, Born
to Go, Architectural Metaphor, F/i, Nucleon, Einstein's
Secret Orchestra, Skye Klad and more. The Solar Fire
Lightshow will be there and hopefully so will Thom the
World Poet and Rob Jacob's Midnite Sun Lightshow. New
for this year will be $25 day tickets for those DAY
TRIPPERS and we are looking into adding an extra day
and starting the fest on Thursday instead of Friday.
This will give us three evenings of music with none on
Sunday. We'll see!

Because of interest expressed in other states I am also
making plans to take a slice of the SD2000 on the road
for about 7-9 all-day-affair gigs in different cities
this summer during the 2 weeks prior to SD2000 with
Chadwick and Richards new project or even with Hawkwind
as the main band! Dates and cities to be announced soon
(if all goes as planned). We will be supplementing the
bands traveling from this year's SD2000 with some bands
living nearest to these gigs that have supported us in
the past.

Stay tuned to: Strange-Trips.com for future updates.

--
Jim Lascko
jmfinity at Strange-Trips.com

--