HW Quality control

Tue Mar 28 01:58:08 EST 2000

Hi To One And All,
Interesting reactions to my 'rant' - I must admit that, out of the
three, the one I'd keep to play on the Desert Island (USA people might
not get the reference!!) would be the 'Vol 1: Live '79' but the original
question that I answered related to quality only, and thus the answer.
The reason for the raving is just that, after 20 years selling  music to
people, I hate to see people get ripped off, and to me, regardless of
comparisons with bootlegs (spurious, anyway, since only a certain
percentage of Hawkfans have a sizeable bootleg collection), the
Glastonbury thing, AS IT STANDS, fails on that front.
I, of course, assumed that everyone knows the failings of the Demi-Monde
stuff. But surely, enjoyment of the music is what it's all about and if
that enjoyment is impaired by quality, resulting in soemthing you pay
your money for and only play once in a blue moon just to remember how
bad the thing is (we've all been there), I for one would like to be
told.

By the way, for those who are still wondering where the 'Vol 2' of that
recent double that came out of Demi-Monde material (jeez, I've forgotten
the title), well, so are we. The story was that, following the amazing
foul-up with the two 4-CD set reissues on Dressed To Kill, that 'Vol2'
was at last supposed to have the missing side of 'Text' on it (for those
that wantred it), but nothing more has happened. Don't suppose it ever
will, now. They've had four chances and failed every time, so no reason
to suppose a 'hit' just yet.

Great news about SD 2000 - every year around this time, I get jealous of
not being in the USA!!

Top Five non-Hawkwind faves here at CDS Towers right now? How about the
new albums by:
1) Electric Bird Noise
2) Ausgang
3) Oranj Climax