Clarification

Darrin McKeehen dmckeehen at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 28 11:23:44 EST 2000

>Slow down there Menace Man.  WHAT?

Funny, I still can't find anything menacing about my post......

Rereading it, I guess you could glean that I buy everything that HW has
released, NOT TRUE! by a longshot!!

Clarification: Hawkwind is the ONLY bad that I collect.

I have several copies of a few releases on different labels, but not all of
them by any means or stretch of the imagination. That is a bit over the top
and I just could never afford that, even if I had the money......

I don't... how did you put it.....
"measure 'Hawkfanness' by how many small shiny round things and bigger black
round things I own with Hawkwind written on them."

Not cool, dude!

Like I said, I collect HW. That means that I love that feeling of "scoring"
a HW album that I have been looking for, for a long time in a store. Nothing
compares to that feeling!

HW is a very tough band to collect. I am thankful for the collectors' guide
that came w/ the Warriors Box and for the CD literature that someone put out
years back. I forget who did it.... Kevin, maybe..?

You really have to be informed, so you don't get ripped off or buy something
that you already have under a different name w/ a different cover.  It bugs
the crap out of me that Hawkwind has gotten and still is getting ripped off
like that! "Entire and Infinite Universe" my ass!

Add to that, all the stuff that's out of print or very rare to begin
with.......

To me a Hawkfan is someone that enjoys the music of Hawkwind, whether they
have 5 records or 50. Who cares?! It's about the music.

And I have made some great friends through my enjoyment of this band. For
that I am also grateful ;)

Yes, there's ALOT more that I want to find. Maybe, I was wrong to say that I
am like Hawkman or Mike Coleman. I was merely stating that I aspire to have
a collection like theirs. Not so I can "lord" that over anyone. I got alot
of cool stuff from Mike. He's a great guy!

There are many people on this list that have ALOT more Hawkwind than me and
know ALOT more about Hawkwind than me. I appreciate that they share their
knowledge w/ us ;)

Thanx Doug Pearson, Keith Henderson, Andy G., Bernard and the rest of you!

Sometimes this list does get WAY off subject and that can be quite lame, but
then all of a sudden Dave Brock chimes in and everything gets going again.
That's what I like about it!

This is a discussion group, correct?

That's what I was doing. There was no personal attack on anyone by me.

I don't "have about five times as many Hawk albums as I have for any other
band".

I have about 1000 albums from various bands. About 50 are Hawkwind. I have
some multiple copies of a few releases and in the near future I will post
them on the list to trade for some of the ones that I still have not found.
HW vinyl is the only vinyl that's being added to my vinyl collection in many
years. Well OK, I did just buy Eloy Live on vinyl and a Caravan album and
Omega and a live MAN album w/ John Cipolina... but that's because I can't
find them on CD and I want to hear them.

I am not sure, but I probably have about 1000 CDs too. Probably about 60 of
them are HW. I have the Griffin and Flicknife versions of one or 2 releases
and I have "Undisclosed Files" from EBS and the Griffin 'shield' that came
out w/ that release, as well. But that's because (1) IT's REALLY COOL! and
(2) It would seem to be a collectible item.

What I merely was saying about Glastonbury '90 is that the sound quality is
only fair, but the performance kinda makes up for that, if you like that
particular linup. I know that some Hawkfans don't like Bridget. Also, it
seems as though it would be better to come out the way it did, sounding
probably the best it can, than to have been bootlegged and sound much worse.
That may have been Dave's rationale for releasing it. For that I am
thankful.

If you want a crisp SBD recording. Don't buy it!

People SHOULD know this upfront. But it didn't really cost that much from
Hawkman.....

I value the honest review, as well. And as I said before, that is part of my
reason for subscribing. Not to offend anyone and not to be offended.

Peace,

Darrin

np: Anglagard -Hybris