HW: Hawkwind/Brock, née Comics

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Mar 28 12:17:28 EST 2000

AA forwarded...

>excerpted from Matt Howarth's "Sonic Curiosity" section in the back of
>his comics, where he reviews albums:
>
>HAWKWIND: Future Reconstructions (Ritual of the Solstice) (CD on Emergency
>Broadcasting System in UK).
>you end up with 65 minutes of truly brilliant remixes.

Bollocks!

>HAWKWIND: It Is the Business of the Future to Be Dangerous (CD on Griffin
>Records in USA)
>
>This album stands as the unchallenged all-out best Hawkwind release I've
>ever heard.

Hardly.  My least favourite since the early 80's schizophrenic period.

>HAWKWIND: Quark, Strangeness and Charm (CD EP on Emergency Broadcasting
>System in UK).
>
>This cool CD EP features 4 pieces, two of them superb Astralasia remixes,
>including "Uncle Sam's On Mars". Mega cool!

Mega crap!

Wow!  I know opinions of HW albums vary (duh!), but this is the most extreme
(from my perspective) angle I've ever seen.  But then techno is a very
divisive phenomenon...or should I say derisive.  :)

Keith H. (FAA)