HWOFF: Bedouin at Zaks in Wolverton

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Tue Mar 28 13:58:32 EST 2000

>>Chatting to Alan afterwards he said he had some strong interest from a few
>>German major labels for the new album
>
>Of course, he said that last year, too :/

Meant to say STILL there...

>>I suggested that maybe Danny's dad could pull a few
>>strings to get them a slot at Cropredy and he replied that this was a real
>>possibility if they had the album on the shelves by then.
>
>Bedouin at Cropredy!? Ooo er. I can't see the majority of that crowd
>liking Bedouin very much. Though I'd love it. Not really folky or
>even pseudo-folky are Bedouin ;)

I dunno.  I've seen Man there and Robert Plant (okay, somewhat less removed
from the folky thing than Bedouin), and I'm sure I'm not imagining some band
doing a reggae cover of Ace of Spades the other year.  I've got plenty of
Hawk-friendly mates who go every year and a little nepotism never hurt
anyone.

Nick