HW: OFF: Einstein's Secret Orchestra

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Mar 29 08:16:33 EST 2000

K Henderson writes:

> Hi Folks...
>
> Well, I saw this band listed in Jim L.'s post about potential SD'2K
> performers, and had to find out something about them.  Coincidentally, there
> was a thread going on about them over on the 'triprock' onelist.com list, so
> I knew where to go.
>
> It turns out that they commonly perform at 'devivals' for the Church of the
> Sub-Genius, which from what I gather (from just 15 minutes of surfing) is
> best described as "Weird Al Yankovic meets Scientology" with a guy named Bob
> Dobbs

A *guy*???? He's a genuine *salesman*.

> playing the role of L. Ron.  And having just read Bare-faced Messiah
> in its entirely during the last month, I found it to be a total gas.

Ah, the subgenii! For some reason our usenet site stopped receiving
stuff for mail.subgenius so it's been a long time. Recently though I had
a day trip to hospital and had to sign some forms. One of 'em is
religion and so I put down Discordian. They also asked if the hospital
priest would be acceptable for last rites, and preference if not, so I
put down that I'd prefer an Authentic Card Carrying Pope of the
Subgenius to wave me off into the hands of Bob.

> www.subgenius.com

Gotta have me a lookit this.

FoFP