Combo gtr/vcl/songwriters

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Mar 30 10:35:24 EST 2000

Carl Edlund notes...

>Petri Walli *was* a genius guitarist/singer/songwriter ...

I'm not such a big fan of his voice, though I love the band.  (Scandinavian
accents don't work as well for me as German accents for some reason.)  And
it's hard to separate 'voice' from singing talent in many cases I suppose.
And whether I listen to a singer depends more on the music being sung to,
anyway.  For instance, I have always thought that Deborah Harry has a great
voice, but I never liked 95% of the music she ever sang to.  Which I guess
goes back to that triple-combo idea....you have to get it all right at the
same time to get to someplace *very* special.  (It's only lyrics that I
hardly care about.)  :)

Keith H. (FAA)