HW saddos

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Mar 30 16:26:51 EST 2000

OK, this has gone off-topic long enough ;^) ...

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:55:35 +0100, Nick Lee <nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET> wrote:
>DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
>>goth woman from Sisters Of Mercy, with
>
>Now playing bass for the Damned, in case anyone's at all interested.

That would be Patricia Morrison, who got her start in the girl-fronted LA
punk band the Bags (one of whom was later in, I think, the Go-Go's).

Later, she was in the Gun Club (before being in Sisters of Mercy).

The main guitarist in the Gun Club was Kid Congo Powers, who was also
briefly in the Cramps.

Another guitarist who was briefly in the Cramps either right before or
right after Kid Congo was Mike Metoff (credited as "Ike Knox" on the records).

Mike Metoff's main band was the Pagans (possibly the greatest-ever US punk
band IMO, from Cleveland Ohio), but during a break in the Pagans, he had a
band called the (Radio Alarm) Clocks.

The keyboard player from the Clocks (who also played on one Pagans album,
although he was "purged" on the reissue, sort of like Steve Hillage on
'Vive Gong/Gong Est Mort') was Chas Smith.

Chas Smith's current band is ... Einstein's Secret Orchestra, who are
playing at Strange Daze this year (and who opened for Hawkwind in Cleveland
in '97).

        -Doug (who is still looking forward to the "Motör-Spice" collaboration)
         ceres at sirius.com