OFF: SLOTERDIJK: Ticket Giveaway

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Mar 31 06:29:16 EST 2000

On 30 Mar 00, at 17:22, Brian Halligan wrote:

> As they used to say on the radio in Syracuse year after year, "You
> know it's summer when they're [space] rockin' at Weedsport." :-) Last

Or, as Eric Bloom said once from the stage there:  '...Smells like
we've got some weed in Weedsport...'

> time I saw a band there for Independence Day was 1993: Van Halen with
> the Vince Neil Band opening (featuring the former guitarist from Billy
> Idol's band.) The guitar pyrotechnics threatened to drown out the
> visual pyrotechnics. ;-)
>
> Theo was there too (right Theo?), but this was slightly before my
> BOC-L days.

That former guitarist was none other than THE Steve Stevens!  Don't
know how he wound up with an idiot like Vince, but still a great show.
Pretty sure that was the last show I saw there too...
> >Hello,
> >If you are from New York State, southeastern Canada, or anywhere from
> >which you would be willing to travel to "Weedsport" New York (near
> >Syracuse), SLOTERDIJK is offering some FREE TICKETS to our show at
> >The Musicstock 2000 Music, Peace & Love..

Hey, I live right up the road from Weedsport.  They just started
advertising this gig locally, though the ads don't really suggest it's a
space rock show...

> [details snipped]
>
> >E-mail SLOTERDIJK at webtv.net if you are interested in our giveaway and
> >come along if you dare.............. Peace, Mike Burro (Sloterdijk)
>
> Sounds great, Mike. I'll write you through your private address for
> details.
>
> Brian
Me too!