OFF: 70's women/Fusion Orchestra

Power, Marc (ETS - Equity Development Support) MPower at EXCHANGE.ML.COM
Fri Mar 31 10:10:14 EST 2000

On a more obscure note, I looked up Jill Saward
formerly of 70's UK progrock outfit, Fusion Orchestra
(notable album: 'Skeleton in Armour').

I used to love that band, I literally wore out the vinyl
of that album.

I knew that she formed an all-girl band in the late 70's
called Brandy, that eventually faded. I saw them several
times at The Wellington Pub in Waterloo. Her high kick
at the end of the set was something to behold, since she
would frequently 'forget' her panties.

I found out that she eventually had joined an MOR jazz/RnB
ensemble called Shakatak, along 'Swing out sister' lines,
had some hit Euro singles, married one of the
band, had some kids and settled into humdrum
middleclass suburban life.

Life is stranger than fiction.

Anyone else remember Fusion Orchestra?

Did Skeleton in Armour ever come out on CD?

Space is One Trip!

Marc