HW: The Time Of The Hawklords

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Tue May 2 15:20:28 EDT 2000

At 02:02 PM 5/2/00 -0400, Eric Siegerman wrote:
>On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 05:42:43PM +0100, Zeitgeist wrote:
>> Collectors Guide Publishing have reissued Michael Butterworths book.

At 9.95 pounds (heh, every now and again I miss my old anglocentric
typewriter with the 'pounds' key), is it a hardcover? (I remember it was
originally a hardcover)

>Now if they'd only reissue "Hype" (the book I mean).  I've been
>looking for that for ... well, ever since P&M found the record
>for me on a trip to England!

I've been looking for it ever since I stupidly lent my copy to that chick
that was visiting my housemate back in 1986... (made a similar mistake with
my Patti Smith bootlegs)

Hype is quite a good book actually, though it didn't exactly set me alight
or anything, but, thinking about it, I'm reminded of Mike Moorcock's
comments that Calvert ought to have stuck to music, and given up his
literary pretensions. Personally I think Bob's novel is at least as good as
Mike's rock album, and at least Bob didn't tell him he ought to stick to
books ;)
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania