HW: The Time Of The Hawklords

Steve P Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK
Tue May 2 15:35:59 EDT 2000

On Wed, 3 May 2000 05:20:28 +1000, you sent through the ether:

>Hype is quite a good book actually, though it didn't exactly set me alight
>or anything, but, thinking about it, I'm reminded of Mike Moorcock's
>comments that Calvert ought to have stuck to music, and given up his
>literary pretensions.

On the Calvert v Moorcock feud I`m definitely on Bobs side.. however, I
was really surprised at how badly written Hype is.. unless Bob was
trying for a Mills & Boon style sales explosion.. in which case it
literary genius.. :)

Now, I`d say Calvert was a better songwriter than Moorcock is an
author... <cat, pigeons.....>

Steve Pond.
www.doremi.co.uk