HW: The Time Of The Hawklords

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Wed May 3 08:52:04 EDT 2000

>Well I think Moorcock's a very good writer indeed

I agree...

>I disagree on the latter Elric books being better. If anything, I think a
>little of that fantasy flab was starting to creepinto them, and I didn't
>enjoy the mellower approach at all. 'Stormbringer' stomps the later books,
>AFAIC.

Most of MM's later works I had a sense that they were more refined, but
I didn't flat out enjoy them as much.

One notable exception was the work he did on "Michael Moocock's Multiverse"
for DC, if you haven't checked out this 12-issue comic series it's a blast.

It took this to really get me to appreciate his second ether books, I went
back and tackled them anew after that.

"Eating fried chicken with
   his regicidal friends"
   - Warren Zevon