Theo's fave band! / drummer

ciwsolutions ciwsolutions at BREATHEMAIL.NET
Wed May 3 19:04:19 EDT 2000

At 08:57 03/05/00, you wrote:
>>My favourite drummer is Christian Vander from the french band Magma
>>I saw them once years ago in Paris and he had a roadie who put things
>>right and back during the concert.Never seen a more manic drummer
>>since then(1974-75 I think) and I've seen Neil Peart.
>>
>>greetings
>>filip hawknut
>
>i have seen magma many times and he IS a drummer which is so inventive.

Never managed to see "Magma" (grrr...gnashing of teeth), but my ears agree...

I think the most astonishing drummer I've ever seen is probably Ronald
Shannon Jackson (Last Exit, Decoding Society, Prime Time) - his presence on
anything is virtually a guarantee of quality, but for those who aren't into
"jazz", try his "Red Warrior" album for some astonishing instrumental
"intelligent" hard-rock!

Less visual, but perhaps even more astonishing is Tony Oxley, but he's
definitely in the avant-garde even though he was the Ronnie Sctt's house
drummer - and he has omne of the weirdest kits you'll ever see, even when
he's not using his home-brewed electronics!

Percussively yours,
ChrisW