Theo's fave band! / drummer

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Wed May 3 20:00:02 EDT 2000

Ok, I'll chime in here...

I've had the occasion to witness the whirlwind that is Carl Palmer
from very close a couple of times (once it was all of about 6 feet),
and that was pretty damn amazing. Truly one of the very few who can
do an *interesting* drum solo.

Another favorite I'm surprised I haven't seen mentioned is Bill
Bruford, the man can play anything, in amy time signature.

Other personal favs would be Ian Mosely (yah, Marillion went to
shite after Fish left, but Ian is one hell of a drummer), Phil
Collins (back before he opened his mouth), and Jerry Marotta
(Peter Gabriel's original drummer). Alan White's not bad either.

scorch