HW: The Time Of The Hawklords

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed May 3 21:06:22 EDT 2000

On Thu, 4 May 2000 01:00:49 +0100, Tim Stephenson
<timnjaq at TSTEPHENSON.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:
>> Now, I`d say Calvert was a better songwriter than Moorcock is an
>> author... <cat, pigeons.....>
>
>Apologies for flaming danger here, but this is the most stupid statement
>I've heard (read?) for a long time.  Personally I think bread is a better
>food then shampoo is a hair care product.

I'd agree that it's a bit of an audacious statement (but not surprising or
out-of-line, especially when you consider its source - hi Steve!), but I'd
hardly say "stupid".  After all, both were/are authors AND songwriters
(even if one was better known for one and the other better known for the
other).

>Having said that, I've found some of the follow up posts very interesting &
>thought provoking.

And, to me, that's what separates an "audacious" statement from a
flame/troll/stupid/uncalled-for one.  I guess that I prefer Bob's songs to
Mike's books (even though I like both), but that's purely a matter of
opinion ... then again, there are very very few things in the artistic (in
the broadest sense) world that I like more than Bob's songs.  And hey, in a
couple hours, I might be playing "Psi Power" at band practice :^).

Opinionatedly yrs,

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com